Social Media Statistics Infographic for Australia April 2012
We came across some great statistics the other day regarding Social Media in Australia in April. After looking over the information we were intrigued, and decided to represent it with an infographic.
While most of the top 5 social networks are remaining steady, there is also a climb from google plus and other smaller networks such as Pinterest and Instagram.
Take a look at the original post here
Social Media Statistics Australia – April 2012
1. Facebook - 10,988,140 Australian users/accounts (up 98,180) – 13 million UAVs according to Google Adplanner. The difference between the user numbers and UAVs may be users logging in from multiple locations – home, work, school etc.
2. YouTube – 11,000,000 UAVs (up 1,000,000)
3. Blogspot – 4,000,000 (steady)
4. LinkedIn – 2,100,000 (steady)
5. Twitter – 1,800,000 (up 200,000)
6. WordPress.com – 1,800,000 (up 200,000)
7. Tumblr – 1,200,000 (up 100,000)
8. Google Plus – 1,100,000 approx active users (Estimated calculation below)
9. Flickr – 920,000 (up 80,000)
10. Pinterest - 470,000 (up 120,000)
11. MySpace – 460,000 (down 10,000)
12. Instagram – 252,000 (up 42,000)
13. StumbleUpon – 150,000 (up 40,000)
14. Reddit – 140,000 (up 10,000)
15. Digg – 77,000 (down 8,000)
16. Foursquare – 63,000 (up 10,000)
17. Delicious – 43,000 (up 7,000)
Google Plus Estimation
Google has said 170 million people have now upgraded to Google+ and we estimate there are around 2.2 million Australian accounts. But the key figure we want to know with this number is how many are active users? Twitter recently got to 500 million accounts but only 140 million are active (28% of accounts are active). With Google+ in Australia we have estimated half of the 2.2 million account are active. There are absolutely no other Australian stats for Google+ so this is what we will estimate for now. I welcome any thoughts or comments on this point.
Other Noticeable Changes for April 2012
- Pinterest sees significant rise in visitors overtaking MySpace
- Instagram also has a noticeable rise in website visitors
- Social Bookmarking is getting a comeback? Reddit, StumbleUpon and Delicious rise
- Location services still growing with Foursquare increasing
- Top 5 social networks remain relatively steady
- Blogging is still big in Australia with million of us reading or writing on blogs
Posted under All, Marketing News, SEO by Paul